Question2Answer is a free and open source platform for Q&A sites.
What is a Question and Answer site?
A Q&A site helps your online community to share knowledge. People with questions get the answers they need. The community is enriched by commenting, voting, notifications, points and rankings.
Why offer Q&A on my site?
Your members will enjoy the interaction that Q&A enables, and will visit your site more regularly. In addition, many web searches are questions, so Q&A content will attract search engine traffic.
What is Question2Answer?
Question2Answer (Q2A) is a popular open source Q&A platform for PHP/MySQL, currently running on 8,865 sites in 40 languages.
How do I get Q2A?
Download Question2Answer 1.5.4, then read how to install. Version 1.5.4 was released on Nov 29, 2012. Also on GitHub.
What does Q2A need?
- PHP 4.3 or later, including PHP 5.x.
- MySQL 4.1 or later, including MySQL 5.x.
What's the license?
Question2Answer is open source, licensed under GPL v2+.
How can I help?
Create a theme, plugin or translation. Or send some bitcoin here.
Easy to set up
- Q2A takes 5 minutes (or less!) to install.
- Easy styling with CSS themes.
- Supports translation into any language.
- Custom sidebar, widgets, pages and links.
- SEO features such as XML Sitemap and neat URLs.
Fast and secure
- PHP/MySQL scalable to millions of users and posts.
- Safe from XSS and SQL injection attacks.
- Beat spam with captchas, moderation and/or flagging.
Core Q&A features
- Fast integrated search engine.
- Categories (up to 4 levels deep) and/or tagging.
- Voting, comments and follow-on questions.
- Points-based reputation management.
- RSS, email notifications and personal news feeds.
Built-in user account management...
- Create experts, editors, moderators and admins.
- User avatars (or Gravatar) and custom fields.
- Private messaging between users.
- Log in via Facebook or others (using plugins).
...or integrate with existing sites