I have been trying to make my Q2A site (it still runs 1.7.0 due to core hacks) better and hence trying to make all the plugins better. Most of the core functionality is very reliable in Q2A and with notification feature and caching coming it becomes even better. Just to add to them, some requests:
- Adding Tag Search option in Core. I have made a plugin for this here but most of the display functions are taken from Q2A core as it uses that in the Ask Page to give tag suggestion. So, I guess it makes more sense for this to be part of core.
- I guess at least 20% of Q2A site uses MathJax. This can be added to a Q2A site as a plugin but with one issue- on answer/comment add, we have to call
MathJax.Hub.Queue(['Typeset', MathJax.Hub, e]);
on the newly created <div> element e. Unfortunately this needs a core hack as of now in qa-question.js file
- Notification feature is very much awaited. Would it be possible for developers to add new notifications to it? Because some plugins like blog-tool, question-merge etc. requires notifications. So, it would be great if there is a way to add new notifications in the core.
- Replacing fb-login plugin with open-login plugin. AFAIK both are not mutually compatible and open-login looks a better one and has more options.
- Long-term pending - FILTER METHOD- I suggest to let the users select a set of tags - and questions having those tags won't show on site for him. Not only this, admins can also restrict some set of tags per user. Advantage of this is
- This allows certain set of questions to be more privileged. So, only those users which satisfies some criteria can view those. (This would also the require to be checked before loading a question page).
- In my case I'm running an exam based on Q2A and would like to hide the questions until a user has completed the exam.
- Also, my site is having questions from different examinations all having same subjects but different exams have different syllabus. So, it makes sense to filter the questions as per the syllabus of the exam per user.
Currently this requires a core hack :( Or it would be nice if we can override functions from DB/selects.php