Question2Answer Plugin: Q2APRO Email Strangulator
This is a plugin for Question2Answer that adds an option to each user profile to disable all email notifications for new forum posts.
- Install Question2Answer if you haven't already.
- Get the source code for this plugin directly from github.
- Extract the files.
- Optional: Add your language by copying file q2apro-email-strangulator-lang.php to a new file with your language shortcode, e.g. q2apro-email-strangulator-lang-fr.php
- Upload the files to a subfolder called q2apro-email-strangulator inside the qa-plugin folder of your Q2A installation.
- Navigate to your site, go to Admin -> Plugins. Check if the plugin "Q2APRO Email Strangulator" is listed.
- Navigate to yourq2asite.com/account and see if the "mute email" option is there.
- Each user will find the option "Mute all emails" in his profile.
- The admin can mute emails for other users by going to admin/plugins (see plugin options).
This is beta code. It is probably okay for production environments, but may not work exactly as expected. You bear the risk. Refunds will not be given!
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
All code herein is OpenSource. Feel free to build upon it and share with the world.
Question2Answer is a free and open source PHP software for Q&A sites.
If you use the plugin:
- Consider joining the Question2Answer forum, answer some questions or write your own plugin!
- You can use the code of this plugin to learn more about q2a-plugins. It is commented code.
- Visit q2apro.com to get more free and premium plugins.
Note: I wrote this plugin because we do not have a disable option for emails. This should actually be a core feature: Muting threads.
That's how my inbox looked like before the plugin:
Now it got a lot better when I am disabling the emails for those users.
Hope that helps a bit.