This is a plugin for developers and admins.
The problem: You get a postid e.g. from a comment, problem is you cannot throw in the id in the URL like mysite.com/1234 if 1234 is a comment. This will return a page not found error.
With this plugin you enter the postid 1234 and it returns the correct path, the correct link and the content of the post.
Download plugin for free: http://www.q2apro.com/plugins/find-post
For issues use github: https://github.com/q2apro/q2apro-find-post
Question2Answer Plugin: Find Post by Postid
This is a plugin for Question2Answer that finds any post by its postid and displays the correct URL and content.
- Install Question2Answer if you haven't already.
- Get the source code for this plugin directly from github or from the q2apro plugin page.
- Extract the files.
- Optional: Change language strings in file q2apro-find-post-lang.php
- Upload the files to a subfolder called q2apro-find-post inside the qa-plugin folder of your Q2A installation.
- Navigate to your site, go to Admin -> Plugins. Check if the plugin "Find post by postid" is listed.
- Navigate to yourq2asite.com/findpost. From there you can start searching your posts as admin.
- Get the postid from the database or somewhere else.
- Insert the ID into the input field on page yourq2asite.com/findpost
- Click the "Get post and link" button, done!
- Note: All requests are done by Ajax, no page reload required. Nice and fast!
This is beta code. It is probably okay for production environments, but may not work exactly as expected. You bear the risk. Refunds will not be given!
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
All code herein is OpenSource. Feel free to build upon it and share with the world.
Question2Answer is a free and open source PHP software for Q&A sites.
If you use the plugin:
- Consider joining the Question2Answer forum, answer some questions or write your own plugin!
- You can use the code of this plugin to learn more about q2a-plugins. It is commented code.
- Visit q2apro.com to get more free and premium plugins.