Got some time to finally build the plugin. If you like it, you can donate a bit if you like the plugin ;-)
Official Plugin Page: http://www.q2apro.com/plugins/usersearch
Repo on Github
Donate to developer
This is a plugin for Question2Answer that extends the users page by an ajax-driven searchfield.
- extra user search field on top of page ./users
- ajax-driven: type and see results immediately
- see options in admin panel for: max users to display and avatar size
- easy to use and lightweight as you know it from q2apro.com ;)
- available languages: de, en
Try it out in the q2apro forum.
- Download the plugin as ZIP from github or from the q2apro plugin page.
- Make a full backup of your q2a database before installing the plugin.
- Extract the folder q2apro-ajax-usersearch from the ZIP file.
- Move the folder q2apro-ajax-usersearch to the qa-plugin folder of your Q2A installation.
- Use your FTP-Client to upload the folder q2apro-ajax-usersearch into the qa-plugin folder of your server.
- Navigate to your site, go to Admin -> Plugins and check if the plugin "q2apro-ajax-usersearch" is listed.
- Change the plugin options if you like.
- Congratulations, your new plugin has been activated!
The code is probably okay for production environments, but may not work exactly as expected. You bear the risk. Refunds will not be given!
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
All code herein is OpenSource. Feel free to build upon it and share with the world.