This is a plugin for Question2Answer that displays the most viewed questions in a widget. The widget will be cached every x hours, this saves a lot of queries and mysql load.
- Install Question2Answer if you haven't already.
- Get the source code for this plugin directly from github or from the q2apro plugin page.
- Extract the files.
- Optional: Copy q2apro-popular-questions-lang-default.php to a new file and add your language, e.g. q2apro-popular-questions-lang-fr.php
- Upload the files to a subfolder called q2apro-popular-questions-widget inside the qa-plugin folder of your Q2A installation.
- Navigate to your site, go to Admin -> Plugins. Check if the plugin "q2apro Popular questions widget" is listed.
- Navigate to yourq2asite.com/admin/layout/ and add the widget to your layout.
- Congratulations, the widget will show up on the pages you selected.
This is beta code. It is probably okay for production environments, but may not work exactly as expected. You bear the risk. Refunds will not be given!
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
All code herein is OpenSource. Feel free to build upon it and share with the world.
Question2Answer is a free and open source PHP software for Q&A sites.
If you use the plugin:
- Consider joining the Question2Answer forum, answer some questions or write your own plugin!
- You can use the code of this plugin to learn more about q2a-plugins. It is commented code.
- Visit q2apro.com to get more free and premium plugins.
Update to v0.2:
Instead of daily the cache update takes place hourly, see new admin option.
Also new: Admin can decide if the answer count is shown or not: