Update 2014-11-11: The editor plugin was released as *free* ad-based version.
Update 2015-04-17: The editor plugin was released as *free version* with few limitations.
The implementation of SCEditor has been tested successfully over the last weeks, now we are happy to release it!
"Are you using a heavy editor? It takes ages to load? It does not work on mobiles? Then it's time to change the situation! With SCEditor everything gets a breeze: Lightweight, fast as hell, easy to customize, mobile friendly. The perfect solution for you and your users."
Price: 24 USD
Side note: On each sale we donate 8 USD to Sam Clarke, the developer of SCEditor.
This plugin implements the SCEditor as WYSIWYG rich text editor for your question2answer forum.
- only 84 kb to be loaded in less than 1 second
- works on all tested mobiles
- image upload feature - super easy and works on mobiles
- editor can parse xhtml and bbcode
- set of smileys available (emoticons)
- RTL - support for right-to-left languages
- and more: 4 editor themes, self-defined buttons, custom text colors, resizable, can auto-expand to text-height
- available editor languages: ar, cn, de, el, en, es, et, fa, fr, hu, it, ja, lt, nb, nl, pl, pt, ru, sv, tr, tw, uk, vi
- available buttons: bold italic underline strike subscript superscript left center right justify font size color removeformat pastetext bulletlist orderedlist table code quote horizontalrule image email link unlink emoticon youtube date time ltr rtl print maximize source
Give your users the right tool to interactive with your forum!
You want to play around? Try the demo in our q2apro forum. Or try all editor features with the sceditor demo.
- Buy the plugin and download the ZIP file provided q2apro-sceditor.zip
- Make a full backup of your q2a database before installing the plugin.
- Extract the folder q2apro-sceditor from the ZIP file.
- Move the folder q2apro-sceditor to the qa-plugin folder of your Q2A installation.
- Use your FTP-Client to upload the folder q2apro-sceditor into the qa-plugin folder of your server.
- Navigate to your site, go to Admin -> Posting and change the default editors to SCEditor, click save!
- Click on options next to "SCEditor" to change the editor themes, language and other settings, save your changes.
- Congratulations, your new WYSIWYG editor has been installed and is ready to serve you.
Update 2014-08-08 - added feature to upload documents (pdf, doc, xls etc.):