Question2Answer is a free and open source platform for Q&A sites.
What is a Question and Answer site?
A Q&A site helps your online community to share knowledge. People with questions get the answers they need. The community is enriched by commenting, voting, notifications, points and rankings.
Why offer Q&A on my site?
Your members will enjoy the interaction that Q&A enables, and will visit your site more regularly. In addition, many web searches are questions, so Q&A content will attract search engine traffic.
What is Question2Answer?
Question2Answer (Q2A) is a popular open source Q&A platform for PHP/MySQL, currently running on 24,417 sites in 40 languages.
How do I get Q2A?
Download Question2Answer 1.8.5, then read how to install. Version 1.8.5 was released on July 15th, 2020. Also on GitHub.
What does Q2A need?
- PHP 5.2 or later, with the MySQLi extension.
- MySQL MySQL 5.0 or later.
It's strongly recommended to use the latest version of PHP (7.x) and MySQL if possible as they bring many performance enhancements and each major release of Q2A typically drops support for an older version.
What's the license?
Question2Answer is open source, licensed under GPL v2+.
How can I help?
Contribute via Github or create a theme, plugin or translation.
Easy to set up
- Q2A takes 5 minutes (or less!) to install.
- Easy styling with CSS themes.
- Supports translation into any language.
- Custom sidebar, widgets, pages and links.
- SEO features such as XML Sitemap and neat URLs.
Fast and secure
- PHP/MySQL scalable to millions of users and posts.
- Safe from XSS, CSRF and SQL injection attacks.
- Beat spam with captchas, moderation and/or flagging.
Core Q&A features
- Fast integrated search engine.
- Categories (up to 4 levels deep) and/or tagging.
- Voting, comments, follow-on and closed questions.
- Points-based reputation management.
- RSS, email notifications and personal news feeds.
Built-in user account management...
- Create experts, editors, moderators and admins.
- User avatars (or Gravatar) and custom fields.
- Private messages and public wall posts.
- Log in via Facebook or others (using plugins).
...or integrate with existing sites