Welcome to the Question2Answer Q&A. There's also a demo if you just want to try it out.

Should we upgrade Q2A core as soon as 1.7 was released?

0 votes
430 views
asked Oct 14, 2014 in Q2A Core by sama55
Q2A version: 1.6.3

3 Answers

+1 vote
answered Oct 14, 2014 by sama55

My answer is basically NO. We should revision up (x.x.X) immediately because bug fix is main. However, in major version up (X.x.x) and minor version up (x.X.x) should look at the state because new bugs exist. The engineers who can deal when problems happened should try new version positively. However, the users who do not have programing skill should wait a little until bugs disappears. We can learn from the history of past development.

commented Oct 14, 2014 by fine129
Maybe scott should release it as soon as it's ready. But the master branch has not been committed for a long time.
commented Oct 14, 2014 by Scott
@fine129 the master branch is intended to be the latest stable version only (i.e. 1.6.3). All development work takes place on the dev branch, on which there have been many commits.
0 votes
answered Oct 14, 2014 by truthonlytruth
I usually wait for 2 more sub release then I upgrade my version, in this case 1.7.3 is my target

Also; I am using many plugins, I need to wait for those updates too... :)
0 votes
answered Oct 14, 2014 by Scott
It's up to you. We release beta versions for a reason - to find all the bugs before the "final" version is released. So if you're able to set up a copy of your site on localhost it would be great if you're able to test the beta version.

Of course there will always be bugs, but they should be minor in the stable version.
commented Oct 14, 2014 by truthonlytruth
Ah, I was talking about live site, I have already set a demo site to test... :)
...