Welcome to the Question2Answer Q&A. There's also a demo if you just want to try it out.

Here is Q2A v1.8.0-Beta1

+9 votes
asked Sep 7, 2017 in Q2A Core by ProThoughts
I installed q2a v1.8.0-beta1 on below site for testing, if you are interested to see new features in action then join and test on below site. If you see any issues then let us know. thanks!


Download v1.8.0-beta1 from Github

Q2A version: v1.8.0-Beta1
commented Sep 8, 2017 by gold.developer
God dammit!!!!!! Right on the day I finish developing and debugging my theme and set it all up ready to ship and put it up for sale. :S This is so sad. Lol (so much enthusiasm and headache relief about it being ready lol)
commented Sep 8, 2017 by gold.developer
Although I think I got lucky tho. Only the votes and favorite button styles seem to be the ones that got messed up so far. Already testing the new version with my theme.

3 Answers

+5 votes
answered Sep 8, 2017 by Scott

Yes Q2A 1.8 beta is ready for testing! I'm waiting for Gideon to update the site with the official download but people can download it from the dev branch on GitHub if they like.

Would be great if we can get as many people as possible testing the upgrade on their (localhost) sites, especially if you have a custom theme. Some of the <form> tags have been moved around slightly so there may be a few things you need to update. Specifically, if your theme overrides the following functions, you should check your overrides against qa-theme-base.php:

  • q_view_main
  • a_list_item
  • a_item_main
  • c_list_item
  • c_item_main
commented Sep 11, 2017 by Scott
@Gurjyot It makes no difference. If I don't release 1.8 now then 1.8 will be out in 6 months time when notifications are done. Or I release 1.8 now and release 1.9 in 6 months time.
commented Sep 11, 2017 by Gurjyot Singh
Well the thing is that, we haven't got a major update in time for the past few years, so that's what's making us unsure of this decision. But if you make a commitment of releasing Q2A 1.9 in next 6 months then, we can at least say that these 6 months would be worth waiting.
+2 votes
answered Sep 8, 2017 by link2admission
Please how can i upgrade to the latest version without loosing my database and contents?
commented Sep 9, 2017 by Scott
Upgrading does not lose the database or content. Of course you should make a backup first in case anything goes wrong (it is still the beta and not final stable release).

You just need to upload all the new files, then run the upgrade queries. See: http://docs.question2answer.org/install/upgrade/
commented Sep 10, 2017 by ProThoughts
I recommend you to take backup of current site db, then use that db for v1.8 and copy all required files from 1.7.4 site. Do testing and if everything works then just switch folder.

In case if you see issues with v1.8, you can easily change folder in few sec and make site active with old version.
0 votes
answered Sep 8, 2017 by zerg
can you add website language change by users in part?  a specific language for users where are from...
commented Sep 11, 2017 by Scott
I can't find it now but there is some code here that may help:
commented Sep 11, 2017 by zerg
thanks for reply, i try this but is to old .. can you update this for v1.7 version? :)