Since the beginning of using q2a I was wondering how the "favorite" button (little star close to the question title in most themes) can be used. I think, actually no one of my 3000 users ever used it... and if they clicked the favorite button, I guess they saw no feature behind.
To give it more sense, I am developing a "follow this question" plugin currently (it uses the favorite feature).
1. Little star gets replaced by a button on question page
2. Click on button (follow question)
3. question is favorited in database
4. As soon as there is a comment or answer going in, all users who favorited the question, receive an email with link and content
1. Favorite feature makes sense now!
2. before, when you posted a question, you receive an answer (you get notified), but if this answer gets a comment, you get no notification with the q2a core
3. users can follow the question without participating in the thread!
The plugin is active in my math forum, my users like it a lot.
Some more testing and some waiting for suggestions, then I will release the plugin.
Edit: Just to prove that nobody understands the favorite feature, especially for favoriting other users → most of the users favorited themselves!
Plugin released: http://www.q2apro.com/plugins/follow-question