I finally got this to show up for other users. I had followed a tutorial that indicated I needed to modify httpd.conf by finding the "controls who can get stuff from this server" where I needed to make a modification. The string the tutorial said to replace was not there but "Require local" was. If I removed that then I could not even get to the page from my localhost. I found information that said I needed to add this:
Allow from all
That did not work. Nor did "Allow 123.456.789.xxx" where the latter was my other machine's IP address.
Finally what worked was to comment out everything under the <Directory> tag while adding this:
Require all granted
After that, the site is open for business.