Example for others, as it sounds kind of complicated above =)
This "hack", which is not a hack ;) is really great for sorting/finding emails questions/comments/answers by subject:
1. open file in language folder, e.g. /en-GB/qa-lang-emails.php
2. find line that starts with 'q_posted_subject'
3. change this line from: 'q_posted_subject' => '^site_title has a new question',
to new: 'q_posted_subject' => 'New question: ^q_title',
You can add it to all language strings if you'd like.
- subjects can get very long (maybe some mail providers see this as spam)
- subjects may change if question title has been changed
@gidgreen: Any way to shorten/cut the question title with "..." after x chars?