I will be setting aside some time in a few weeks to work on Q2A some more. The few changes I already made will be part of 1.7 (instead of 1.6.4) as there is a change in the mimimum PHP version requirement (now 5.1.6).
So as with previous threads, please post the top features you wish to see in Question2Answer!
I do have a few ideas already planned, so there is no need to suggest these, unless you have a particular comment on them:
Thanks in advance for the feedback!
My website is still in beta. I plan to give ownership to contributors. I realize there may be no surefire way to stop the gaming of a reward system, but I'd like to work toward that goal, and would appreciate any helpful ideas anyone may have.
Just now, I'm trying to figure out how to measure contribution quality in a non-gameable way. It might help to have a page that shows a list of top 50 - 100 contributors with (1) number of answers, and (2) relative rank of each answer based on number of votes. Any thoughts?
Maybe so little option
update on 2-9-2014
Thank you Scott
1. A new fuction to Theme-Layer which is called in default theme from qa_register_core_modules() in qa-base.php, so themes will be able to load q2a modules(such as events, modules, ...) without needing plugins.
2. in DocType() function in Theme-Layer, replace
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
it's HTML5 Standard.
3. maybe you can use some other HTML5 tags in theme-base.php (Head: for header, Nav: for navigation, Aside: for sidebar, Article: for Question item and list, Footer: for Q2A footer)
4. add a priority field to layers, so themes and plugins can set it to a desirable number and a plugin can easily change that number.
Thank you Scott, Appreciate your support on Q2A!
Please consider below features for 1.7.
1. Featured questions, admin should be able to mark any question as featured and it should be displayed as top question in questions list. If user answers featured question he should get double points or points decided by admin for that question.
2. Terms and conditions checkbox on registeration page(provide checkbox and link to terms and conditions page).
3. WYSIWYG editor to edit pages(there is plugin but it will be good to have part of core).
4. Better search.(now only QA are searched, add pages to search)
5. Follow users option, like twitter.
6. User reputation system like stackoverflow.
7. Poll system
8. Signin using Google, twitter and openid(part of core)
9. One click upgrade option to new version of Q2A.
Ordered by priority
1 - Terms and conditions checkbox at registrations!!!
2 - Admin can delete users wall post ( most of users can use swear words! And we cant delete :(
3 - Registration form shows strength of a password during registration
4 - i see this in the pahlawandevisa's answer and i really like it ;
PS, I forgot one more thing: I often notice that people use Q2A for announcements (like a new theme or plugin) and then the question - answer structure is actually turned upside down: People post their questions as "answers". So you could also add a new post type "announcements" or similar about which other people can ask questions.
ability to sort answers by vote date active
ability to search tags
ability to search users
open pages that have two tag like stack : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/objective-c+iphone
better user page http://stackoverflow.com/users/480231/1110
add option to increase answer's maximum character
Here's some of my own. I'd rather see new features for users than for admins.
Bounty. Offer an additional reward to a question and have it featured in the main page. SE feature.
Ask to answer. Similar to bounty but in this case you offer a reward for a specific person to answer. Users with the most points in the categories/tags are displayed first. Also, users can set a specific price for being asked to answer. Quora feature.
Mark question as unread. A feature common in e-mails and RSS services. Opening a page marks a question as read but you can also "mark as unread" to easily find it in the future.
Edit history built in design. Users with privileges to edit can see all previous versions.
Moderator log. Contains every action performed by anyone, including Super Admin, with an undo button.
Welcome to the Q&A site for Question2Answer.
If you have a question about Q2A, please ask here, in English.
To report a bug, please create a new issue on Github or ask a question here with the bug tag.
If you just want to try Q2A, please use the demo site.