You should first go through entire process of SSL certificate issuance such as CSR generation, and then validation process. After all this process, you will have your certificate issuance from Certificate Authority.
Once an SSL certificate you will have then start installation process. In order to install an SSL certificate apache, i would recommend the best guide with step-by-step process.
- Save the primary and intermediate certificates to a folder on the server with the private key.
- Open the Apache configuration file in a text editor. Apache configuration files are usually found in /etc/httpd. The main configuration file is usually named httpd.conf. In most cases the <VirtualHost> blocks will be at the bottom of this httpd.conf file. Sometimes you will find the <VirtualHost> blocks in a separate file in a directory like /etc/httpd/vhosts.d/ or /etc/httpd/sites/ or in a file calledssl.conf.
- If you need your site to be accessible through both secure (https) and non-secure (http) connections, you will need a virtual host for each type of connection. Make a copy of the existing non-secure virtual host and change the port from port 80 to 443.
- Add the lines in bold below.<VirtualHost 192.168.0.1:443>
- Change the names of the files and paths to match your certificate files:
- SSLCertificateFile should be your primary certificate file for your domain name.
- SSLCertificateKeyFile should be the key file generated when you created the CSR.
- SSLCertificateChainFile should be the intermediate certificate file (if any) that was supplied by your certificate authority
- Save the changes and exit the text editor.
- Restart your Apache web server using one of the following commands:/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl