1. Personally, I'd like to let every user with permission to be able create their own blogs, rather than just one 'admin' blog for the whole site? Ideally, they (the blogs) should be commentable and certainly deletable by the poster, admins/mods.
2. Selectable categories on posting would be really good.
3. I use categories rather than tags for ordering, but I guess that wouldn't be every one's choice. So, why not either or?
4. Status management would be more than a bonus.
5. I'm thinking along the lines of using blogs, to add things like 'anecdotal' answers or perhaps 'opinions' rather than more formal answers. (to add a networking dimension?) So, I don't know if slug management is something I'd personally need?
6. Show a list of articles by user in my own case. (by time, category and or tag) would be perfection.
7. Show a favourited user's articles maybe? (admins/mods able to see all?)
8. Covered in my #1
9. I don't think ping/back or trackback is necessary. But don't honestly know enough to judge the (if any) value of them in this case... Of course, my 'users' might have a different view?
I would welcome even a minimalist blogging capability at the moment (just admin?) but at least commentable and or 'answerable' and definately deletable. Perhaps other features added as and when as a premium option or as extras to buy when 'stability' is assured?