@sama55 i really love Q2A functional. The reason that this project is dying is that is really lacks of some modern functions. This is how a modern forum must work:
1. After succesfull User Registration force the user to follow at least 3-4 tags.
2. Display Activity (Questions/Answers) at the home page based on the tags the user favorited.
3. A better Multi-search autocomplete field that will search for Questions, Users and Tags. like this one here: http://easyautocomplete.com/examples
4. A better Notification and Messaging System. I think that you already built a plugin for that in the past.
5. Following Users and Be Followed By Other Users. This Can be easily done by modificate the existing "Favorite User Function". I already did that with success and now i m displaying Different Pages for Favorited Questions, Favorited Tags and Users as well.
6. A new Fresh and Modern Profile Page. I also built that for my website
7. And at the end a very Good Function That will keep the users visiting again and again the site is a fucntion that will allow the user to be informed (Email or/and Onsite Notification) when a question is posted under a tag that this user already Followed.
Example: I as user "xxxxx" make a question tagged with the tag: #Sience and you are already favorited this tag. Then the system will send you a notification to you that the user
"xxxxx" posted a question under tag #Sience so you will be able to answer at the questions/Topics you are interesting for.
I am pretty sure that if we pay attention to those features then the Q2A Platform will become ubeatable ;)
I am here to help/contribute for anything has to do with User Interface and Design. Lets do our best for this platform because it deserves the best.
I will also Post my comment as a New Topic So we can Discuss there for additions/improvements etc.