The performance of the Question2Answer script depends on various factors such as the server hardware, software, and configuration, the database size, the number of concurrent users, and the complexity of the site's code and design.
Based on your description, if your site has more than 12 million questions and 20 million answers, and receives more than 200,000 visits per day, it can potentially require a powerful server to handle the traffic and maintain a good user experience. The server requirements can vary depending on the configuration, but generally, you would need a high-end server with sufficient resources such as RAM, CPU, storage, and bandwidth.
To optimize the performance of your Question2Answer site, you can consider the following best practices:
- Use a caching plugin to reduce the database load and improve the page loading speed.
- Optimize the database tables to improve the query performance and reduce the server load.
- Use a content delivery network (CDN) to distribute the static assets and reduce the server load.
- Use a reverse proxy server such as Nginx or Apache to handle the incoming traffic and cache the responses.
- Use a load balancer to distribute the traffic among multiple servers to improve the scalability and availability of your site.
By following these best practices and using a powerful server, you should be able to handle high traffic volumes and maintain a good user experience on your Question2Answer site. However, it's recommended to perform load testing and monitoring to identify any bottlenecks or performance issues and optimize the site accordingly.