Automatically tweeting new posts can be done pretty good by using RSS Feeds with www.twitterfeed.com
But for really high quality content you also want to repeat posts in twitter to reach your full audience (see http://boss.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/14/how-many-times-can-you-tweet-the-same-tweet/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0)
For wordpresse the extension http://wordpress.org/plugins/tweet-old-post/ does this pretty well.
If we want to make it as simple as possible and continue using twitterfeed the plugin must only generate a specific RSS-Feed with the desired posts, let´s say an RSS-Feed configurator.
Criteria/Inputs for this RSS-Feeds could be:
- feed name
- multiple select post types (q,a,c)
- multiple select certain categories
- multiple select certain tags
- select minimum/maximum number of votes
- select minimum/maximum number of views
- select time span when post was sent (from x days ago until y days ago)
- update frequency of RSS Feed: update Rss feeds with xxxx posts every yyyy hour. Don´t update RSS-Feed from xxx to yyy hours (at night e.g.)
What else would be important? Any ideas or suggestions?
I would be very interested to support the development of such a plugin for q2a.