What is currently happening with v1.6.3:
- Image file gets uploaded and gets assigned a blobid (20 digits)
- Example blob id "15015929639481993982"
- a folder is created by the first 3 digits: /150/
- the filename is created within this folder as "15015929639481993982.jpeg".
I am certain that this structure needs improvement to be human readable.
- take the upload date as the folder name, e.g. "2014-07-27" (also available in table blobid, field created)
- and upload all images from this day into this folder.
- naming it with the blobid
If somebody is concerned that after x years there are hundreds of folders, we could use a folder for each year, then inside a subfolder with month and day, for instance "2014/07/27".
If you see any disadvantages with my approach, please let me know. Otherwise I would like gidgreen or scott to implement this new way, if possible.
Since I could not wait, I wrote a plugin that implements this structure: https://github.com/q2apro/q2apro-better-upload-folders