Welcome to the Question2Answer Q&A. There's also a demo if you just want to try it out.
+2 votes
412 views
in Q2A Core by
edited by

Today I updated my Q2A answer site  v 1.6.3 to v 1.7.0-beta-1 and I have several problems. (http://www.wikifirst.net/)

1.      After I signed as Admin found that Layout, Posting, List, Plugin, Moderate, Hidden tabs are not working.

2.      Text editor is not loading

3.      Top scoring users page and badges page are not loading

When I try to visit Layout, Posting, List, Plugin, Moderate, Hidden tabs I received following error message

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

but I can visit other tabs under Admin.

Please help me to solve these problems.

Note:- After I contact my hosting provider I received this information

"PHP Warning:  require_once(/home/users/web/b2300/ipg.wikifirstnet/qa-include/plugins/qa-event-limits.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosnaweb07a/b2300/ipg.wikifirstnet/qa-include/qa-base.php on line 718"

 

Q2A version: 1.7.0-beta-1
by
After I contact my hosting provider I received this information
"PHP Warning:  require_once(/home/users/web/b2300/ipg.wikifirstnet/qa-include/plugins/qa-event-limits.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosnaweb07a/b2300/ipg.wikifirstnet/qa-include/qa-base.php on line 718"

1 Answer

+3 votes
by
selected by
 
Best answer

You seem to be missing files or, most likely, are having some kind of path issue. If you see both paths in the error you'll see that you're calling this file:

/home/users/web/b2300/ipg.wikifirstnet/qa-include/plugins/qa-event-limits.php

From this other file:

/hermes/bosnaweb07a/b2300/ipg.wikifirstnet/qa-include/qa-base.php

You should have the files in the same root directory. Looks like you haven't just upgraded to 1.7 beta but also made some changes to your server too.

I'd advise you to double check that you have replaced all core files. If that doesn't work then you could have some symlink messing with the paths (hard to help you with this one). If that is the case, you could be getting a wrong path in qa-base.php, in this line:

define('QA_BASE_DIR', dirname(dirname(__FILE__)).'/')
 
Or maybe in index.php in this line:
 
define('QA_BASE_DIR', dirname(empty($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) ? __FILE__ : $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']).'/');
 
Or maybe in qa-index.php in this line:
 
define('QA_BASE_DIR', dirname(empty($_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) ? dirname(__FILE__) : $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']).'/');
 
You will have to, somehow, remove the symlink, if any.
by
@ pupi1985,
Thank you very much. I checked the files and found the missing ones and my 1st and 3rd problems were solved. But still the text editor is not loading. Please help me to solve this problem too.
by
So you were missing files after all. I don't quite get why you say you've found the missing files. Just backup v1.6.3 files, take all the files in v1.7-beta and replace the v1.6.3 ones. Unles you've made core changes, Q2A should be properly updated as this should keep all plugins and themes. The only thing you'll have to do is to configure the qa-config.php again as it will be replaced with the new and empty one. Anyway, I think it hasn't been modified since v1.6.3 so you could replace all files except from that one and the upgrade should be completed.

If the issue persists, and the editor is the ONLY thing not working, then apply the core hack I suggested in here: http://www.question2answer.org/qa/41075

Hopefully, that should fix the issue. If it doesn't check the logs again
by
I replace folders one by one using file manager on my hosting account and I missed the folder "plugins" under "qa-include" and after your advice I could find that missing folder. Thank you.
...