Last changes from version 0.1 to 0.5
bugs fixed :
+ the Ajax control was calling a bad file in normal installation with random name for the archive directory. Yet fixed in version 0.1 bis
+ Sentence of the french translation was forgotten
+ Bad indexation of the archives from the option to the application
+ A new option cron is added to the options gz and download.
+ Cron cannot replace a file with the same name aged of less than 20 hours
+ Enforced the protection by adding a password to cron. The main protection relies to the scarcity of the cron command name
+ Cron denies access if the command name is still the original
+ Added download of an old archive from the admin panel. Delete is easy to implement but it will not be.
+ Added using an option prefixe indexed by the number of archives. The current prefix can be changed manually in qa-config.php. It is a way to put in the same database 2 sets of QA tables.
It's here for flavor purposes. You must not use it if you don't understand it.
+ Added handling of mysql constraints to avoid conflicts between sets of QA tables ( !! )
+ Added cleaning Ajax Cache each time the admin option are saved. Might be improved ...
+ Added handling the database size for information pupose.
+ Added collecting new options
+ Added a filelist of current archives
Question2Answer Dbsave v 0.5
This is Dbsave plugin , a plugin for **Question2Answer** that provides DbSave , the versatile database dump for QA.
You can browse the repository on
You got probably the latest zip from
the 0.5 version in on
the latest version in on
- save the main database of QA on the disk in a writable directory
- download the same file at the same moment to avoid timeouts troubles
- download only in case of lack of writable directory
- optionnaly, adds a new prefix to tables. Indexed like the archive, constraints well handled
- provides a link to be called by an external cron with a specific password ( v 0.6 including some css cosmetic )
- optionnaly tries autocron between 2:00 and 5:59 h ( v 0.7 )
- Notifications by email or by INSQA ( Internal Notification System of QA ) ( v 0.8 and fixing of some core themes )
- External Cron Solution by a smart system ( v 0.9 )
- Cleaning, php compatibility adaptation from 5.1 to 7.0 ( v 1.0 )
edit : a new version 0.5.1 is on the site only for those using php 5.2 with non conventionnal languages to handle multiple translations variants in the same installations. Curiously , the function qa_lang() doesn't work exactly the same way in 5.2 and 5.3