The situation would be as follows.
- An open forum setup. Everyone asks, everyone answers.
- There is one or a small group of expert users.
- If there is only one, this is probably a proxy expert that goes and fetches for the forum the expert answer. Kind of like a journalist would do.
The functionality would work like this:
- Most voted questions (or by any other criteria) get expert attention and get one or several expert answers.
- These answers are displayed directly below the question, above and separate from regular user answers.
- They have a different look and feel too, as it is key for this feature that they have a different status.
- They don't allow voting.
- The question may remain opened allowing for further user activity or closed after the expert contribution.
Reviewing the current list of plugins I don't find one that allows a setup like this. Any hints or suggestions welcomed.
Otherwise, if this is a wanted feature I can work on it but I would ask mentoring from a core/plugin developer as my php is rusty at best ;)
Any comments welcome.