Tutorial for Github for Windows
Steps to clone a repo (fork), edit and push it back (pull request):
1. Go to https://github.com/q2a/question2answer/ and click the "Fork" button on top right (I had the "master" branch chosen)
2. The fork is created in your repo.
3. Click on "clone in desktop", so it opens in Github for windows. If it does not work: A - open Github-for-win, B - Click the plus sign, then Clone. Search for question2answer, enter. Choose local folder to store.
4. Right mouseclick on "question2answer" in the left sidepanel, open in Explorer.
5. Modify the files with your text editor.
6. Go to github for win again, changes are shown on top. Down below add information for "Summary" and "Description". Then click "Commit to master". (It commits your local files to your fork online.) Then click on "Sync" (top right).
7. Go to your online repo, and click the green button on the very left (for pull request).
8. You see a page with your changes highlighted. Then click "Create Pull Request"