Q2A Ultimate Widgets is a pack of useful and new widgets for your Q&A community. Download(zip).
- Each widget comes with it's own options, instead of setting options for the whole plugin
- Filters: you can show or hide widgets based on conditions such as user level, user points, visitor/registered, mobile view or desktop browser
- Cache: Some widgets have heavy database queries, so they come with a cache to speed up page load
- Custom styling: you can choose widget's styling based on your theme. currently all widgets come with styling for default theme(snow) but more styles will be added later
List of widgets(32 widgets at the moment):
- 7 widgets for question lists with different sorting(activity, hot, recent, ...)
- Random Posts
- Tabbed Lists(choose up to 3 different list types to show in tabs)
- Questions from the same category as the opened question.
- list of questions eligible to have a selected answer or be closed
- WordPress login form
- Q2A Login Form
- Ask Form
- Search Form
- Google Search
- Q2A activity chart
- Q2A stats chart
- RSS Feed
- Trending Topics(rising tags)
- Accessibility buttons(night mode, font size changer)
- PHP code executer
- MailChimp widget(Mailing list subscription and management)
- Text and HTML widget
- Image with link
- Modal popup window with call to action
- Video Embed Widget(Youtube, Vimeo)
- SoundCloud audio embed
- Alert boxes(which remember if they had been closed)
- Social Media Icons(over 100 social icons and 10 different theme stylings)
- Random content
Please note that this plugin is in Alpha Version and it had not yet been tested by the community.
Thanks to ProThoughts for providing this demo:
1. Log in as admin using this link.
2. Visit Admin > Layout page.
3. Add widgets and check the results. all this plugin's widget's name start with "Ultimate Widgets".
1. Download the plugin.
2. Extract "q2a-ultimate-widgets" directory and upload it into your Q2A's plugin directory "/qa-plugin/".
3. Visit "Admin > Layout" page and add any widgets you like.
If you have ideas for the more widgets or want to report a bug please send it to Plugin's feedback thread or submit it on plugin's github page.
If you have added one of the widgets to your site and it didn't show up, it's most probably because you have set conditions for it(in filter options) while setting up the widget and your currently session doesn't match those criteria.
This Free and Open Source plugin was developed by Towhid from QA-Themes.com. If you needed to hire a professional for freelance Q2A development feel free to ask for a quote on the contact form.
Best Regards, Towhid