I noticed some time ago users were looking for ways to create content programmatically. One of the main reasons to do so was related to having a relatively new site with a small amount of users. Site owners needed to ask and answer most of the questions in order to generate content. This process with a web interface can be bothersome and slow. Related to this, I have seen users asking for a way to change the author of a question, which is likely related to site owners answering their own questions to attract new users.
This is a very common situation most communities face when they are starting from scratch. So I decided to create a simple plugin that would ease the process of creating content on sites: Bulk Content Generator. In short, it allows users to import a spreadsheet that contains questions, answers or comments and turn them into real posts in the site. It is also possible to configure the creation date of the post as well as the user who created them, among other things.
Plugin features include:
- Create questions, answers and comments taken from a file
- All posts can be set an author or be anonymous
- Questions can be set a category, tags and the Q2A extra value, if configured in the site
- Answers can be selected
- Ability to disable notifications on the created posts
- All posts can be set a particular creation date in the past or it can even be generated randomly
- External users support
If you are interested in reading more about the plugin you can check the plugin page. There, you'll find some additional features, screenshots and how to order it. You can also find a plugin demo here.